250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa content)
125g unsalted butter
1 tbsp of Black Treacle
50g dried cranberries (minced)
3 medium eggs
Pinch of salt
Tbsp of vanilla sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces, add the butter (in sticks) and melt together in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water (bain marie method).
3. Meanwhile lightly beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Whisk into the melted chocolate butter mixture.
4. Now add the Black Treacle (tip: wet the spoon to make scooping the treacle out of the container easier) and sugar (if using).
5. Next add the flour and stir until you have a smooth chocolatey batter. Finally stir in the cranberries.
6. Pour this into a greased 20 cm square tin and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.