Saturday 16 March 2013

Marmalade Drizzle Pudding




Follow your instincts.


This was my second attempt at marmalade pudding. The first was a disaster after following a recipe from a magazine but I'd sensed that even before waving the sorry thing off into the oven.

The thick as thieves gloopy combo of muscovado and generous amounts of butter gave me my suspicions.


Ah well, if at first you don't ... so I tried again. But this time I did it - sing it old blue eyes:

My way!

Here's the recipe.


Ingredients

3 tbsp golden syrup
150g marmalade
120g butter
50g brown sugar
2 eggs
120g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven at 180. Grease and line a loaf or square tin. Mix the marmalade and golden syrup together. Add a few teaspoons of this mixture to the bottom of the lined tin. Reserve the rest for later.  Cream the butter and sugar then beat in the eggs. Next add the flour and baking powder. Combine all ingredients until a homogeneous batter forms. Pour batter into the tin and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let it rest for 5 minutes before using a toothpick to make several holes and pouring the marmalade mixture on top. Coat generously. Serve with custard if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment